Thank you for being here!
There are many ways and events in which your time is greatly appreciated and needed. Most events offer varying roles in which you can assist in making it the best it can be for the students. As volunteer opportunities come out the PTP will ensure they are included in announcments, posted on our website, and the Riverview Facebook Page.
As always, thank you for being generous with your time!
Volunteers are needed at the many PTP events, including:
- BOOKFAIR - help with coordination and/or set up and take down, and staffing the bookfair during school, conferences and Read Aloud night. Help provide food for bookfair staff luncheon.
- VOLUNTEER TASKS AT HOME - help with projects and communication that can be done from home and/or outside of scheduled school hours.
- PICTURE DAYS - help photographers/teachers keep kids organized and photo opportunities running smoothly.
- PARTNERS IN EDUCATION (PIE) - work with a team of parent volunteers on special projects and teacher requests to support classroom activities. Come when you can! Feel free to bring younger siblings.
- LITERACY LEAPS - partner with 1st Grade readers to provide one-on-one reading opportunities and coaching. Orientation provided.
- PEP FEST- help with coordination of the PTP Pepfest. Help with decorations, set up, take down, security, ticket selling, concessions, diner help, photo booth, etc..
- CORPORATE DONATIONS - identify, contact and network with corporate donors to support special events and activities.
- STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK - help organize individual classroom “gifts” and/or make posters for each staff member. Help provide food for the staff appreciation luncheon.
- MEDIA CENTER VOLUNTEER - assist in the library shelving books when needed.
- MONITOR HALLS – monitor halls on Vision and Hearing days, MCA testing days, and other grade level programs.
- SPIRIT WEAR - staffing regularly scheduled hours in the Spirit Wear store.
- VISION AND HEARING SCREENING - assist with hearing and vision screening. No previous experience necessary, training provided.